NTFS read/write on macOS
brew cask install mounty
If after copying the files are garyed out and are inaccessible, it’s because of Finder’s
xattr file attributes.
# list attributes ls -l@
# delete Finder attributes xattr -d com.apple.FinderInfo FOO.ext
The old way
source This is more complicated than installing Mounty and didn’t work (the files didn’t show up in the Finder..)
# Install Command Line Tools xcode-select --install # Install Homebrew /usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)" # Install ntfs-3g brew install ntfs-3g # create mount point sudo mkdir /Volumes/NTFS # determine your drive's partition diskutil list # unmount if partition was already mounted by Mac sudo umount /dev/disk2s1 # mount the drive to the mount point you created sudo /usr/local/bin/ntfs-3g /dev/disk2s1 /Volumes/NTFS -olocal -oallow_other
- First, download FUSE for macOS and install it. Use the default options when installing it.
- Install Command Line Tools
- Install Homebrew
- Create mount point,
/Volumes/NTFSin the example above
- Determine your drive’s partition identifier,
disk2s1in the example above
- Unmount partition if it was automatically mounted by your Mac
- (Optional) Make an alias for the mount command e.g.